War

Pulled this out of the archives. Was actually a song I wrote back in high school for the metal band I was in.

To me war is like going blind,
when the people have died
and the guns have all chimed,
the heads will all mourn.
Just like chess it's a strategy,
you try your moves to conquer thee.
Loosing your blood in a very cruel way,
but as most people create,
 that's okay.
Wars a game to you,
something you choose not to loose.
But when it's time to go,
it's just one big tv show.
When people get wounded and maimed,
and feel the destructive pains
why don't you stop,
and walk in their shoes for awhile.
With the pain and agony that they reveil,
what's wrong with you,
can't you feel?
I agree no one's the same,
but who is to blame for the destruction
of your own blood?
To me, war is like going blind.